23rd Annual Tom Sutter Memorial Day Tournament
Friday, May 24th – Monday, May 27th 2013
1. All teams must submit a nine (9) or more player roster. Only those players included on the roster will be eligible to participate in the tournament. If a team comes to a game with less than nine (9) players they will take an out in the ninth (9th) spot in the order. If the team has less than eight (8) players they will forfeit the game.
2. All games will be six (6) innings long.
3. No inning will start after two (2) hours.
4. No playoff game will end in a tie. The international rule will apply for games that go into extra innings.
5. The ten (10) run rule is in effect after four (4) innings.
6. All substitutions must be recorder through the plate umpire and the official scorer.
7. Players re-entering the game must go back in the same spot in the batting order they left. Starters may re-enter one (1) time only. Non-starters are not allowed to re-enter.
8. Home team will be determined by coin toss in pool play. The higher seed in playoffs will be the home team.
1. Bases will be at a distance of sixty (60) feet.
2. Runners can steal when the ball crosses the plate or when there is a passed ball. If a player leaves the bag early it will be a dead ball and the runner will be called out.
3. Runners must attempt to avoid contact with fielders on all plays. Failure to do so will result in the player being called out, when in doubt slide.
4. A pinch runner may be substituted for the catcher with two (2) outs. The pinch runner shall be the player who made the second out in the inning.
1. Pitching distance is forty-four (44) feet.
2. No pitcher may pitch more than six (6) innings per day or five (5) innings per game. Pitchers are limited to twelve (12) innings total in for the tournament.
3. One (1) pitch is considered an inning.
4. The pitcher must be removed when the manager makes a second (2) trip to the mound in the same inning. Umpires discretion on trips for injuries.
5. After the game the manager will verify the pitching record with the official scorer, no changes will be made in the pitching record beyond that time. The official scorer will have the final say.
1. Teams may elect to bat:
• Nine (9) players
• Ten (10) players with the tenth player being an extra hitter (EH).
• The (EH) must be the same player through out the entire game and can be used defensively.
• Bat your entire roster. An injury results in an out.
1. Nine (9) players on the field when on defense.