1. Player’s may only play in 1 “Franchise” baseball league in South San Francisco
2. All players over the age of 10 (as of the league age cutoff of 4/30/2011) that requests to play in SSFSPM baseball league (“SSFSPM”) must tryout at the 11-12 year old level and be evaluated before any exceptions can be made to play in SSFYBA, unless there is a physical limitation which will be evaluated by the SSFYBA board.*
3. A player over the age of 10 (as of the league age cut off of 4/30/2012) that has been allowed to play in SSFSPM cannot pitch.
4. All teams (Pinto and Mustang) shall be made up of equal number of aged participants. Each team should have equal number of 7/8 or 9/10 year olds to total number of kids required on each team, via a mandatory draft.
5. Only team Managers can freeze players (dependents/siblings).
6. Managers of teams and SSFYAB Board Members are exempt from paying for their child’s registration fee to play in the SSFYBA.
7. All practice fields will be drafted in reverse order of how the team finished the year prior.*
8. All games need to be made up within 2 weeks of the originally scheduled game. Subject to availability of fields.
9. A cancellation of a game can only be made at the umpire’s discretion if a team does not have enough players to play the game.
10. Forfeit Rule: Game will be considered a forfeit if a team does not have enough players to start a game 10 minutes after the scheduled game time. *this maybe left up to the umpires discretion*
11. In the event of a cancellation of a game due to weather:
• Manager should call the league contact number at
650-634-9444 1 hour prior to their scheduled game for any updates
• A member of the board will only contact the manager on file with the league of teams affected by the cancellation.
• If games are cancelled there will be a recording left on the league’s main phone number of 650-634-9444.
12. All buckets must be inside of the dugout
13. There are no hitting apparatuses allowed during games
14. There is no soft toss allowed during games
15. Dugout Etiquette:
• There should be no more than 4 coaches in the dugout at any given time
• There is to be no parents, animals or non players in the dugouts during a game. The exception is Shetland where one team parent is allowed and batboy/girl for Pinto/Mustang.
• Players should remain in the dugout during the game unless playing in the field, batting, getting a drink or having to use the restroom.
• Teams should remove all of their belongings and clean up the dugout shortly after shaking hands of the opposing teams.
• Teams who are waiting to enter the dugout for their game must wait until the other team completely removes their belongings to enter.
16. Games will start as close to their scheduled time as possible
17. Teams must arrive no less than 30 minutes before their scheduled game time
18. There will be no infield allowed prior to any game due to field prep
19. A private team sponsorship must be reviewed by the league
20. A photo release is required to post any player or coach’s picture on the SSFSPM website.
21. No game will be played under protest due to an interpretation of a rule or an umpire’s call, resolution must occur at game.
22. Umpires have final ruling on the field.*
23. Only managers can dispute a call with the umpire, if a coach for any team disputes a call, the coach disputing the call maybe ejected for remainder of the game.
24. Each coach, player and parent must sign their respective “Code of Conduct” prior to taking part in any league activity such as practices, games and league events. This form should be retained by the coach and may be requested at anytime by any member of the board.
25. Managers are responsible to enforce the guidelines set forth in the Code of Conduct at all times. If a manager fails to address a violation of the Code of Conduct the manager maybe subjected to the disciplinary actions listed below.
• If a player, coach or parent has a grievance about any situation involving SSFYBA baseball league, they must present the details of the grievance to the board in writing (email or letter) must be received within 48 hours of the incident, after which time the board will conduct an emergency meeting to review the facts presented.
• Within 48 hours after conducting the emergency meeting, if the board feels it necessary, it will notify all persons mentioned in the grievance and schedule a hearing to present their facts of the event. The board may ask for witnesses to the event, if any, be present or present a written (email or letter) document of their account.
• Once this hearing has been completed the board will review the facts and either verbally advise the parties of its decision and/or provide the decision in writing (email or letter) to the parties. The board will only disclose the decision and or disciplinary actions to the party affected.
27. Disciplinary action: The board at its discretion may impose one or more of the following disciplinary actions if it feels a coach, player or parent have violated any portion of the “Code of Conduct” or any rule set forth herein.
• Warning: The offending person will be advised either verbally and/or in writing (email or letter), of the offence and further advised that repetition of the offence shall result in a more severe penalty.
• Warning with actions: The offending person will be advised either verbally and/or in writing (email or letter), of the offence and asked to present the Code of Conduct to its team at the next team practice with a board member present. The offending will also be further advised that repetition of the offence shall result in a more severe penalty.
• Suspension: The offending person will be advised both verbally and in writing (email or letter)that he or she will be suspended from all league activity for a specific number of games, practices, or days
• Dismissal: The offending person will be advised both verbally and in writing (email or letter) the he or she has been dismissed from the league for the remainder of the current year.
• Barred: The offending person will be advised both verbally and in writing (email or letter) that he or she has been barred from present and future participation in the league, permanently, or for a specific number of years.
28. Effective 2014, there will be a “election” of 2 Board of Director seats. In 2015, 3 seats will be up for re-election. (and so on for every “even” / “odd” year)
29. All Board members will have check writing ability.
** The information stated above may change depending on the situation and is enforced at the discretion of the SSFYBA board**