***2019 Registration is closed***
• Grade: Kindergarten (or appropriate skill level). The Rookie divisions is intended as an introduction for children to develop baseball skills and have fun. In Rookie, the pitcher is usually used for defensive purposes only. The ball is placed on an adjustable tee atop the home plate at a suitable height for the batter to strike. Most of the other rules are similar or identical to those of baseball, though the game is played on a smaller field.
• Grades: 1st through 3rd grade (or appropriate skill level). Coach pitch is introduced in this level, where the player is receiving a pitch from their own coach.
• Grades 3rd through 5th: (or appropriate skill level). Kid pitch is introduced in this level, this is the highest level of play within South San Francisco Youth Baseball.
•3rd graders who are returning to the league will tryout and EITHER be chosen to play in AA or stay with their previous Pinto (A) team. If the 3rd grader did not play with a Pinto team last year, the player will be drafted by either a AA or A team. A parent may REQUEST to stay down in A, but this determination will be made by the league and/or its appointees.
• 4th graders will remain with the team they played on in Mustang last year. If your 4th grader did not play in Mustang last year, he will be drafted by a AA team.
• 5th graders who are returning to the league will tryout and EITHER be chosen to play in AAA or stay with their previous Mustang (AA) team. If the 5th grader did not play with a Bronco team last year, the player will be drafted by either a AAA or AA team.